[PATCH v4 0/5] Add support for i2c_new_secondary_device
- Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 17:48:52 +0000
- From: Kieran Bingham <kbingham@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [PATCH v4 0/5] Add support for i2c_new_secondary_device
From: Kieran Bingham <kieran.bingham+renesas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Back in 2014, Jean-Michel provided patches  to implement a means of
describing software defined I2C addresses for devices through the DT nodes.
The patch to implement the function "i2c_new_secondary_device()" was integrated,
but the corresponding driver update didn't get applied.
This short series re-bases Jean-Michel's patch to mainline for the ADV7604 driver
in linux-media, and also provides a patch for the ADV7511 DRM Bridge driver taking
the same approach.
This series allows us to define the I2C address allocations of these devices in
the device tree for the Renesas D3 platform where these two devices reside on
the same bus and conflict with each other presently..
- dt bindings split from driver changes
- fixed up dt binding property descriptions
- Update missing edid-i2c address setting (adv7511)
- Provide update for r8a7792 DTB to account for address conflict
- Split map register addresses into individual declarations across all uses
- Normalise the usage of the I2C term throughout
- Fix registration/cleanup of packet client in adv7511
- Rename adv76xx structures
- Update commit titles of dt-bindings patches.
Jean-Michel Hautbois (2):
dt-bindings: media: adv7604: Extend bindings to allow specifying slave
media: adv7604: Add support for i2c_new_secondary_device
Kieran Bingham (3):
dt-bindings: adv7511: Extend bindings to allow specifying slave map
[RFT] ARM: dts: wheat: Fix ADV7513 address usage
drm: adv7511: Add support for i2c_new_secondary_device
.../bindings/display/bridge/adi,adv7511.txt | 18 ++++++-
.../devicetree/bindings/media/i2c/adv7604.txt | 18 ++++++-
arch/arm/boot/dts/r8a7792-wheat.dts | 12 ++++-
drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/adv7511/adv7511.h | 6 +++
drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/adv7511/adv7511_drv.c | 42 +++++++++------
drivers/media/i2c/adv7604.c | 62 ++++++++++++++--------
6 files changed, 115 insertions(+), 43 deletions(-)