[PATCH net-next v5 0/4] net: mvpp2: 1000BaseX and 2500BaseX support
- Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 08:51:26 +0100
- From: Antoine Tenart <antoine.tenart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [PATCH net-next v5 0/4] net: mvpp2: 1000BaseX and 2500BaseX support
This series adds 1000BaseX and 2500BaseX support to the Marvell PPv2
driver. In order to use it, the 2.5 SGMII mode is added in the Marvell
common PHY driver (cp110-comphy).
This was tested on a mcbin.
All patches should probably go through net-next as patch 4/4 depends on
patch 1/4 to build and work.
Please note the two mvpp2 patches do not conflict with the ACPI series
v2 Marcin sent a few days ago, and the two series can be processed in
parallel. (Marcin is aware of me sending this series).
- Fixed a compilation warning which was a real error in the code.
- Stopped setting the MII_SPEED bit in the GMAC AN register, as the
GMII_SPEED bit takes over anyway.
- Added Andrew's Reviewed-by on patch 4/4.
- Added a comment before mvpp22_comphy_init() about the different PHY modes
used and why they differ between the PPv2 driver and the COMPHY one.
- Fixed a build error in 'net: mvpp2: 1000baseX support' (which was solved in
the 2500baseX support one, but the bisection was broken).
- Removed the dt patches, as the fourth network interface on the mcbin also
needs PHYLINK support in the PPv2 driver to be correctly supported.
Antoine Tenart (4):
phy: add 2.5G SGMII mode to the phy_mode enum
phy: cp110-comphy: 2.5G SGMII mode
net: mvpp2: 1000baseX support
net: mvpp2: 2500baseX support
drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/mvpp2.c | 74 ++++++++++++++++++++++++----
drivers/phy/marvell/phy-mvebu-cp110-comphy.c | 17 +++++--
include/linux/phy/phy.h | 1 +
3 files changed, 79 insertions(+), 13 deletions(-)