Re: [x86-tip] RSDP changes converted i4790 box SMP -> UP
- Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 07:40:17 +0100
- From: Juergen Gross <jgross@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [x86-tip] RSDP changes converted i4790 box SMP -> UP
On 12/01/18 05:25, Mike Galbraith wrote:
> Hi Juergen,
> Yesterday I wanted to test the RETPOLINE stuff in tip and tip-rt, but
> discovered instead that my box had turned into a complete slug, not due
> to incredible RETPOLINE overhead, rather because box had forgotten that
> it had more than one CPU. I was going to leave it for the weekend, but
> firing up gitk over morning java, I noticed the commits below, and sure
> enough, that's what broke my box. Given other people's boxen work,
> seems likely that the authors of the AMI BIOS in this box were a bit
> more creative than usual.
So I'm curious how this should be possible.
- which bootloader are you using?
- what does /sys/kernel/boot_params/version contain?
- can you print the returned value of acpi_arch_get_root_pointer()
in acpi_os_get_root_pointer() with the patches applied and report