[PATCH v6 0/4] phy: rcar-gen3-usb2: add support for r8a77995
- Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 15:34:44 +0900
- From: Yoshihiro Shimoda <yoshihiro.shimoda.uh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [PATCH v6 0/4] phy: rcar-gen3-usb2: add support for r8a77995
This patch set is based on the latest phy.git / next branch
(the commit id = 415060b21f318e009d865b4bcbf8f220ebc36964)
After this patch set is applied, a usb 2.0 host node that is combined
with usb 2.0 peripheral needs 'dr_mode = "otg";' property.
Changes from v5:
- Add "Reviewed-by:" into patch 2. (Simon-san, Thanks!)
- Remove unnecessary "else" in rcar_gen3_get_phy_mode() in patch 2.
Changes from v4:
- Remove the role_show() modification in patch 2.
- Remove a new function rcar_gen3_otg_change_role() in patch 2 because adding
this will be complecated patch code and this is unnecessary for now.
- Add a new function rcar_gen3_get_phy_mode() to get current phy mode
for comparing the new mode into a line in patch 2.
- Rebase patch 3.
Changes from v3:
- Use enum phy_mode in patch 2.
- Remove "can_role_swap" parameter and revise the commit log in patch 2
because a case of "can_role_swap = true" and "has_otg = false" is
not supported for role swap at the moment.
- Changes the name of "has_otg" to "has_otg_pins" in patch 3.
- Use of_device_get_match_data() instead of of_match_device()
- Add "Reviewed-by:" into patch No.1, 3 and 4. (Simon-san, Thanks!)
- Since patch No.2 is changed in big at v4, I dropped his "Reviewed-by".
Changes from v2:
- Revise the commit log ("SoCs" is not third-person singular present).
Changes from v1:
- Revise typo "wronly" to "wrongly".
- Remove RCAR_GEN3_PHY_HAS_DEDICATED_PINS from generic gen3 entry in
- Remove the driver change from patch 4/4.
- Revise the commit log of patch 4/4.
Yoshihiro Shimoda (4):
phy: rcar-gen3-usb2: check dr_mode for otg mode
phy: rcar-gen3-usb2: use enum phy_mode in the role_store()
phy: rcar-gen3-usb2: add SoC-specific parameter for dedicated pins
phy: rcar-gen3-usb2: add binding for r8a77995
.../devicetree/bindings/phy/rcar-gen3-phy-usb2.txt | 2 +
drivers/phy/renesas/phy-rcar-gen3-usb2.c | 70 ++++++++++++++--------
2 files changed, 48 insertions(+), 24 deletions(-)