[patch 38/52] x86/smpboot: Set online before setting up vectors
- Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 23:29:40 +0200
- From: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [patch 38/52] x86/smpboot: Set online before setting up vectors
There is no reason to set the CPU online before establishing the vectors on
the upcoming CPU. The vector space is protected by the vector lock so no
changes can happen.
Marking the CPU online before setting up the vector space makes tracing
work in the early vector management cpu online code.
Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
arch/x86/kernel/smpboot.c | 10 +++++-----
1 file changed, 5 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)
@@ -251,14 +251,14 @@ static void notrace start_secondary(void
- * Lock vector_lock and initialize the vectors on this cpu
- * before setting the cpu online. We must set it online with
- * vector_lock held to prevent a concurrent setup/teardown
- * from seeing a half valid vector space.
+ * Lock vector_lock, set CPU online and bring the vector
+ * allocator online. Online must be set with vector_lock held
+ * to prevent a concurrent irq setup/teardown from seeing a
+ * half valid vector space.