[PATCH v2 0/3] led: ledtrig-transient: add support for hrtimer
- Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 10:53:57 -0700
- From: David Lin <dtwlin@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [PATCH v2 0/3] led: ledtrig-transient: add support for hrtimer
These patch series add the LED_BRIGHTNESS_FAST flag support for
ledtrig-transient to use hrtimer so that platforms with high-resolution timer
support can have better accuracy in the trigger duration timing. The need for
this support is driven by the fact that Android has removed the timed_ouput 
and is now using led-trigger for handling vibrator control which requires the
timer to be accurate up to a millisecond. However, this flag support would also
allow hrtimer to co-exist with the ktimer without causing warning to the
existing drivers .
Changes from v1 to v2:
- Convert all the bit shifting flag in leds.h to use the BIT macro.
- Removed inline modifiers for the timer helper function.
David Lin (3):
leds: Replace flags bit shift with BIT() macros
leds: Add the LED_BRIGHTNESS_FAST flag
led: ledtrig-transient: add support for hrtimer
Documentation/leds/leds-class.txt | 5 +++
drivers/leds/trigger/ledtrig-transient.c | 59 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---
include/linux/leds.h | 19 +++++-----
3 files changed, 69 insertions(+), 14 deletions(-)