[PATCH v5 0/2] tracing: Add trace events for preemption and irq disable/enable
- Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 11:11:07 -0700
- From: Joel Fernandes <joelaf@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [PATCH v5 0/2] tracing: Add trace events for preemption and irq disable/enable
These patches add trace events support for preempt and irq disable/enable
events. This version has few changes suggested by Steven as well.
I am looking forward to getting these accepted for v4.15 if possible. I based
it on Linus's master, please let me know if there is another branch I need to
rebase on. thanks!
Changes since v4:
- Use static inline instead of defines for tracer functions.
- Moved new per-cpu variables to protect from recursion to the correct defines.
- Dropped bug fix patch (3/3) not related to series and will submit that separately.
Here's an example of how Android's systrace will be using it to show critical
sections as a gantt chart: http://imgur.com/download/TZplEVp
Links to earlier series:
Joel Fernandes (2):
tracing: Prepare to add preempt and irq trace events
tracing: Add support for preempt and irq enable/disable events
include/linux/ftrace.h | 3 +-
include/linux/irqflags.h | 4 +-
include/trace/events/preemptirq.h | 62 ++++++++++++++
kernel/trace/Kconfig | 9 ++
kernel/trace/Makefile | 1 +
kernel/trace/trace_irqsoff.c | 176 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------
6 files changed, 222 insertions(+), 33 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 include/trace/events/preemptirq.h
Cc: Steven Rostedt <rostedt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Peter Zijlstra <peterz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>