[PATCH v4 0/4] Certificate insertion support for x86 bzImages
- Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 18:28:36 -0400
- From: Mehmet Kayaalp <mkayaalp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [PATCH v4 0/4] Certificate insertion support for x86 bzImages
These patches add support for modifying the reserved space for extra
certificates in a compressed bzImage in x86. This allows separating the
system keyring certificate from the kernel build process. After the kernel
image is distributed, the insert-sys-cert script can be used to insert the
certificate for x86.
* Applied checkpatch.pl suggestions (2/4, 3/4)
* Cleaned up the commit messages (1/4, 2/4)
* Added the build file to .gitignore (1/4)
* Rewrote 1/4 to insert incompressible bytes are at build time. Previous
solution required changes to <arch>/boot/Makefile's for modifying the
vmlinux file after linking, and did not work well with cross compilation.
* Added 2/4 for ELF class-independent processing of vmlinux file, in case
the script was compiled for 64-bit and the kernel was compiled for 32-bit.
* Reordered 3/4, added x86 bzImage boot version (>=2.08) verification.
* Rebased arch/boot/x86/Makefile patch (removed in v3)
Mehmet Kayaalp (4):
KEYS: Insert incompressible bytes to reserve space in bzImage
KEYS: Add ELF class-independent certificate insertion support
KEYS: Support for inserting a certificate into x86 bzImage
KEYS: Print insert-sys-cert information to stdout instead of stderr
certs/.gitignore | 1 +
certs/Makefile | 21 +-
certs/system_certificates.S | 2 +-
scripts/Makefile | 1 +
scripts/insert-sys-cert.c | 453 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------
5 files changed, 361 insertions(+), 117 deletions(-)