[PATCH] arm: alignment: update comments on /proc/cpu/alignment
- Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 12:55:56 +0800
- From: Perr Zhang <strongbox8@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [PATCH] arm: alignment: update comments on /proc/cpu/alignment
The path name in the comment is out of date, update it.
Signed-off-by: Perr Zhang <strongbox8@xxxxxxxx>
arch/arm/mm/alignment.c | 14 ++++++++------
1 file changed, 8 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)
diff --git a/arch/arm/mm/alignment.c b/arch/arm/mm/alignment.c
index 2c96190..db9c2cf 100644
@@ -33,8 +33,12 @@
* 32-bit misaligned trap handler (c) 1998 San Mehat (CCC) -July 1998
- * /proc/sys/debug/alignment, modified and integrated into
- * Linux 2.1 by Russell King
+ * /proc/cpu/alignment, modified and integrated into Linux 2.1 by Russell King
+ * Note:
+ * The path name may be different for very old versions of Linux,
+ * i.e, /proc/sys/debug/alignment for Linux 2.1.
+ * This was relocated because it was in conflict with sysctl(/proc/sys/)
+ * and it doesn't contain sysctl information.
* Speed optimisations and better fault handling by Russell King.
@@ -985,10 +989,8 @@ static int __init noalign_setup(char *__unused)
- * This needs to be done after sysctl_init, otherwise sys/ will be
- * overwritten. Actually, this shouldn't be in sys/ at all since
- * it isn't a sysctl, and it doesn't contain sysctl information.
- * We now locate it in /proc/cpu/alignment instead.
+ * Refer to Documentation/arm/mem_alignment for
+ * usage of /proc/cpu/alignment.
static int __init alignment_init(void)