[PATCH v1 1/3] asm-generic/io.h: Fix "IOMMU" typos
- Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 12:46:43 -0500
- From: Bjorn Helgaas <bhelgaas@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [PATCH v1 1/3] asm-generic/io.h: Fix "IOMMU" typos
The ioremap() block comment refers to "IOMMU" when it means "MMU". Fix
these typos to avoid confusion.
Fixes: 8c7ea50c010b ("x86/mm, asm-generic: Add IOMMU ioremap_uc() variant default")
Signed-off-by: Bjorn Helgaas <bhelgaas@xxxxxxxxxx>
include/asm-generic/io.h | 8 ++++----
1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)
diff --git a/include/asm-generic/io.h b/include/asm-generic/io.h
index 7ef015eb3403..978d2e27ce1d 100644
@@ -802,16 +802,16 @@ static inline void *phys_to_virt(unsigned long address)
* DOC: ioremap() and ioremap_*() variants
- * If you have an IOMMU your architecture is expected to have both ioremap()
+ * If you have an MMU your architecture is expected to have both ioremap()
* and iounmap() implemented otherwise the asm-generic helpers will provide a
* direct mapping.
- * There are ioremap_*() call variants, if you have no IOMMU we naturally will
+ * There are ioremap_*() call variants, if you have no MMU we naturally will
* default to direct mapping for all of them, you can override these defaults.
- * If you have an IOMMU you are highly encouraged to provide your own
+ * If you have an MMU you are highly encouraged to provide your own
* ioremap variant implementation as there currently is no safe architecture
* agnostic default. To avoid possible improper behaviour default asm-generic
- * ioremap_*() variants all return NULL when an IOMMU is available. If you've
+ * ioremap_*() variants all return NULL when an MMU is available. If you've
* defined your own ioremap_*() variant you must then declare your own
* ioremap_*() variant as defined to itself to avoid the default NULL return.