Installing indic (Hindi, Punjabi) etc keyboard layouts
- Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 17:00:21 +1000
- From: Robert Backhaus <robbak@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Installing indic (Hindi, Punjabi) etc keyboard layouts
Ever since I upgraded from KDE4 to Plasma, the keyboard layouts for indian languages have been missing when I try to add them. I know this was an issue before with KDE4, and I had to update my xkb installation - some versions had these language keyboards removed from xkb. I still have an xkb version installed that includes these languages, but they are missing from Plasma's list of keyboard layouts.
I have no idea what needs to be changed, or added, to restore these layouts. Can anyone give me a suggestion as to how to get them back? Does, for instance, kde have a bundled copy of xkb somewhere that needs updating?
If it helps, my operating system is FreeBSD, and I am using the 'KDE5' ports.
- Prev by Date: Re: Is it possible to set up a script in order to minimize to tray an app in Plasma 5?
- Previous by thread: About kde sessions