Web lists-archives.com

Re: systemsettings5/Regional Settings - strange choices




On Tuesday, 16 October 2018 17:17:53 BST Ianseeks wrote:

> systemsettings5/Regional Setting/Languages
> I checked this setting and it was blank so i added Brit English. I'm not
> sure when this changed to blank as i always change everything regional
> related when the user is created or soon after if any regional issues
> occur.
> 
> systemsettings5/Regional Setting/Formats
> I set "Region" to UK British English (en_gb). The "Detailed Settings" was
> disabled. I wanted to change the "measurement units" to metric so I enabled
> the "Detailed Settings". The "Measurement Units" changed from Imperial to
> Metric even though the entry said "no change". I then went to change the
> entry for "Measurement Units" and i was presented with drop the box of
> country options plus "no change" and "Default" - why is it not just
> "Metric" or "Imperial"?
> 
> The only way i can get metric is to select "no change".
> 
> The number format and time display format changed as well
> 
> Something i don't understand is that all the places to change the
> configuration present a list of countries as the options as described
> above.  Can anyone enlighten me ?

I don't know whether this might help but I got this output from
systemsettings5:

$ systemsettings5
QCoreApplication::arguments: Please instantiate the QApplication object first
WARNING: viewBackgroundColor is deprecated, use backgroundColor with colorSet: Theme.View instead
WARNING: viewBackgroundColor is deprecated, use backgroundColor with colorSet: Theme.View instead
KActivities: Database connection:  "kactivities_db_resources_140259492624064_readonly" 
    query_only:          QVariant(qlonglong, 1) 
    journal_mode:        QVariant(QString, "wal") 
    wal_autocheckpoint:  QVariant(qlonglong, 100) 
    synchronous:         QVariant(qlonglong, 0)
Nothing to load - the client id is empty
Nothing to load - the client id is empty
org.kde.kcoreaddons: Error loading plugin "kcm_translations" "The shared library was not found." 
Plugin search paths are ("/usr/lib64/qt5/plugins", "/usr/bin") 
The environment variable QT_PLUGIN_PATH might be not correctly set
file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/QtQuick/Controls.2/org.kde.desktop/ScrollView.qml:70: TypeError: Type error
KActivitiesStats( 0x5607de178860 ) ResultModelPrivate::onResultScoreUpdated  result added: "kcm:kcm_translations.desktop" score: 1 last: 1539710576 first: 1537521953
KActivitiesStats( 0x5607de178860 ) ResultModelPrivate::onResultScoreUpdated  result added: "kcm:formats.desktop" score: 1 last: 1539710590 first: 1537521978
Wrote script:  "/home/prh/.config/plasma-locale-settings.sh" 
 "# Generated script, do not edit\n# Exports language-format specific env vars from startkde.\n# This script has been generated from kcmshell5 formats.\n# It will automatically be overwritten from there.\nexport LANG=en_GB.UTF-8\nexport LANGUAGE=en_GB\n"
Closing SQL connection:  "kactivities_db_resources_140259492624064_readonly"

Somebody might get a clue from it.

-- 
Regards,
Peter.