Web lists-archives.com

Re: Qt 5.9 and font rendering

On Friday December 22 2017 12:22:03 Martin van Es wrote:

>As a temporary work-around for the current Qt font styleName handling
>problems I removed the styleName from font settings in kdeglobals and

That's an independent issue. I already have removed the style names from my settings files AND have patches in place in code that do the same.

The stylename issue makes it impossible to set the bold attribute on fonts, but they're still rendered correctly, as regular or whatever they were.

The issue I address in this thread has to do with the font smoothing gamma stylehint, IOW not something you usually have control over (hence the need for a patch).