Web lists-archives.com

Qt 5.9 and font rendering

Hi,

Did anyone notice any changes in font rendering quality after upgrading to Qt 5.9x?

I did, certain fonts (among which Novarese BQ) looked significantly "watered down", on systems that have Freetype 2.6.5 as well as one with Freetype 2.7.1 . Upon verification with Qt,

> OpenType CEF fonts are now stem-darkening and rendered gamma-corrected

which probably explains what I'm seeing. I may however also be looking at an interaction with the Freetype Infinality and accompanying FontConfig patches. Hence my question here.

I did find a fix for Qt and can now again enjoy both a more current Qt version AND much better font quality.

Thanks,
R.