Re: Issue burning Audio CD's from CUE file
- Date: Sat, 20 May 2017 05:13:39 -0500
- From: "Steven P. Ulrick" <meow8282@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Issue burning Audio CD's from CUE file
On 05/20/2017 05:06 AM, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
Whenever I rip a CD to my computer that contains segues that would be
messed up by ripping each track to a separate file, I have k3b rip to a
single file and then generate a CUE file of the result. Then I encode
the resulting WAV file into a 320kbs MP3 file and edit the "FILE" line
in the CUE file accordingly.
This has worked very well for quite a while, but now I am having issues.
Here is an example of the entire error message that I receive:
Unable to handle the following files due to an unsupported format:
You may manually convert these audio files to wave using another
application supporting the audio format and then add the wave files to
the K3b project.
/home/steve/Music/Mercury Living Presence/l/London Symphony Orchestra
(Antal Dorati, Conductor)/1995 - "The Wooden Prince (A Dancing-Play In
One Act)" + "Music For Strings, Percussion & Celesta"/Part A: "The
Wooden Prince (A Dancing-Play In One Act)"/The Wooden Prince (A
Dancing-Play In One Act) (Original Segues)/01 - The Wooden Prince (A
Dancing-Play In One Act) - London Symphony Orchestra (Antal Dorati,
I just tried another CUE files that I used K3B to generate, it worked as
expected. For this experiment, I chose on of the ones that I created
the most recently. I realize that K3B/the CUE file spec itself chokes
on the use of certain characters in the names of the CUE file as well as
the audio file itself. This is not the issue here.
To clarify, all of the MP3's and CUE files that I have created have one
thing in common: there are ALL created by K3B.
Again, this used to work perfectly, and it still works for a lot/most of
the CUE files that K3B generates. But it just doesn't work on all of
Steven P. Ulrick
I forgot to include the FILE line from the CUE file:
FILE "01_-_The_Wooden_Prince_(A_Dancing-Play_In_One_Act)_-_London_Symphony_Orchestra_(Antal_Dorati,_Conductor).mp3" MP3
I tried renaming the MP3 by changing all spaces to underlines, and then
changing the CUE file as well. It made no difference.
Steven P. Ulrick