Web lists-archives.com

Issue burning Audio CD's from CUE file




Hello, Everyone
Whenever I rip a CD to my computer that contains segues that would be messed up by ripping each track to a separate file, I have k3b rip to a single file and then generate a CUE file of the result. Then I encode the resulting WAV file into a 320kbs MP3 file and edit the "FILE" line in the CUE file accordingly.

This has worked very well for quite a while, but now I am having issues.

Here is an example of the entire error message that I receive:

Unable to handle the following files due to an unsupported format:
You may manually convert these audio files to wave using another application supporting the audio format and then add the wave files to the K3b project.

/home/steve/Music/Mercury Living Presence/l/London Symphony Orchestra (Antal Dorati, Conductor)/1995 - "The Wooden Prince (A Dancing-Play In One Act)" + "Music For Strings, Percussion & Celesta"/Part A: "The Wooden Prince (A Dancing-Play In One Act)"/The Wooden Prince (A Dancing-Play In One Act) (Original Segues)/01 - The Wooden Prince (A Dancing-Play In One Act) - London Symphony Orchestra (Antal Dorati, Conductor).cue

I just tried another CUE files that I used K3B to generate, it worked as expected. For this experiment, I chose on of the ones that I created the most recently. I realize that K3B/the CUE file spec itself chokes on the use of certain characters in the names of the CUE file as well as the audio file itself. This is not the issue here.

To clarify, all of the MP3's and CUE files that I have created have one thing in common: there are ALL created by K3B.

Again, this used to work perfectly, and it still works for a lot/most of the CUE files that K3B generates. But it just doesn't work on all of them...

Thank you,
Steven P. Ulrick