Web lists-archives.com

Re: Problem solved ([vlc] Qt4 plugin into Qt5 program)

On Tuesday May 16 2017 22:29:16 A. F. Cano wrote:

Hi,

>> it's not a Qt or kde bug, but a problem with your vlc install (I'd suggest
>> you contact your distro for support about it).

Actually, has anyone filed a bug about this with Videolan? The standard way this bug occurs is when you use the VLC phonon backend, and that uses *lib*VLC, not VLC itself. I see no reason why the VLC library would load any GUI plugins unless told so specifically (i.e. probably only when used by VLC itself).

R.