Web lists-archives.com

Changing konsole tab title name adds unwanted text to WM_NAME

Hi,

I'm using the following on CentOS 7.3:

Qt: 4.8.5
KDE Development Platform: 4.14.8
Konsole: 2.10.5

I've noticed that when I first open konsole, the *WM_NAME properties are as follows:

_NET_WM_NAME(UTF8_STRING) = "Konsole"
WM_NAME(STRING) = "Konsole"

But if I change the tab title via something like this:
$ qdbus org.kde.konsole $KONSOLE_DBUS_SESSION org.kde.konsole.Session.setTabTitleFormat 0 "NewTitle"

Or by using an escape sequence, the *WM_NAME properties are updated thusly:

_NET_WM_NAME(UTF8_STRING) = "NewTitle \342\200\223 Konsole"
WM_NAME(STRING) = "NewTitle ? Konsole"

Referring to the example above, how can I get the WM_NAME to be just "NewTitle"?

Thanks,

--
Mun