Re: [kde] "autistic" Konsole
- Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 21:53:02 +0100
- From: René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [kde] "autistic" Konsole
On Tuesday July 12 2016 15:29:48 Duncan wrote:
I'm surprised how long this thread has been running already, and that I still have no clue exactly what is happening here
It just happened to me again, with 2 novelties:
- it started after I had opened a document in a running KDevelop5 session, from a Konsole5 application. The keyboard input stopped after a few keystrokes, in BOTH KDevelop and all windows of the parent Konsole process. Until now I had only seen this in Konsole itself.
- banging long enough on the keyboard an occasional keystroke would get through.
changing keyboard layouts had no effect (session-wide or in Konsole), nor had restarting KWin (why would it), a suspend/wake cycle or cycling among virtual consoles. Suggestions what else to try more than welcome!!
One of these days it's going to happen during an operation where I can really not afford losing my keyboard ... :-/
>The bit that surprised me was that the keyboard shortcuts quit working
>too, while the menus still work. That does support your original theory,
>that it's the process that goes off the rails.