Web lists-archives.com

Re: Fedora Release Notes don't mention KDE anymore

René J.V. Bertin posted on Mon, 06 Mar 2017 10:49:17 +0100 as excerpted:

> On Sunday March 5 2017 19:33:28 Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
>>I've been looking at Fedora Release Notes and starting in Fedora 23
>>there's no mention of KDE in the "Changes for Fedora Desktop users"
>>link, e.g.,
>>>Is this by design?
> Why ask here and not on a Fedora ML or forum?
> I guess that depends on whether or not a K DE is available and anything
> changed in that DE compared to the previous Fedora release.

Good point.  The way upstream kde branded now (with kde-frameworks 5) is
as the Plasma desktop environment, by KDE.  Unfortunately, I don't see
anything on the linked page about Plasma, either.

(FWIW, I'm a gentooer, so fedora doesn't directly affect me, but I still
have more distro-generic concerns about kde/frameworks/plasma in linux in
general, that this certainly touches on.)