Re: [KDE4] what component does the screenlocking?
- Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 23:16:42 +0100
- From: René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [KDE4] what component does the screenlocking?
Please allow me a few follow-up questions
Given that apparently the KDE4 screensaving/locking mechanism is too old to work correctly with whatever component is now too new:
1) can I prevent locking entirely, including at suspend/wake? I thought I'd seen an option that controls this in systemsettings but cannot seem to find it anymore. I tried a wrapper script that filters out --immediateLock but it seems that approach has been made impossible.
2) can KF5 kscreenlocker function outside of a Plasma5 session? kscreenlocker_greet complains about loading a wallpaper (probably just a warning), but it doesn't display an unlocking dialog which for all practical purposes is the same as a dysfunctional dialog. This is true also when I run KWin5 (kwin_x11), as if it also doesn't work properly for some related reason.
Which begs the question:
3) suppose something like this happens on a Plasma5 desktop, what backdoors are there to unlock the session without killing it, from a virtual console?