Web lists-archives.com

App-capturing plasmoid

Eons ago, there was a dockapp for WindowMaker that could capture an X11
application and contain its window within the dockapp tile.

The equivalent for KDE Plasma would be a plasmoid which would wrap an
application.

Is there such a thing? It'd be insanely useful; I'd love to be able to capture
a Chrome window as a widget on the desktop, for example; I'd be able to stick
my ticket tracker view in a widget, open a ticket in a new tab, drag that tab
out into a separate window. I could also embed virt-manager. But, really,
Chrome would be my biggest use case; having that shared cookie and sync state
would be helpful; the lack of it is a big part of why I stopped using the web
widget.