Web lists-archives.com

Re: [kde] screen energy saving stopped

I'm facing the same problem in Kubuntu 14.04 with KDE 4.14.13, the screen saver and energy saving both stopped working a few weeks ago. I can still turn off the monitors manually, using xset dpms force off. I can also start the screen saver manually, but neither one work automatically anymore.
Tried:

xset s on
xset +dpms
xset dpms 0 0 3600

No luck. Eventually the screen saver and energy saving start working automatically again out of nothing, but soon they stop working again. If you find a solution, please post here.

[]'s
Marcelo

[KDE 4.14.7 on Fedora 20]

On my desktop machine I have "Screen Energy Saving" set to turn my monitor off after 90 minutes of inactivity.

It stopped working the other day and now the monitor doesn't turn off.

What can I do to re-enable it?