[kde] KDE on a tablet
- Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2016 15:45:50 +0000 (UTC)
- From: Globe Trotter <itsme_410@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [kde] KDE on a tablet
I have been checking out KaOS on my MS Surface Pro 3 (which is a tablet but actually has a x86_64 architecture). I had previously installed Fedora 23 Gnome on this tablet (and it worked reasonably well) and I wanted to try out KDE which is reputed to be more feature-rich.
There are a couple of points (for now) I wanted to ask some advice on:
1. In the Gnome environment, whenever a need for typing is detected, an on-screen keyboard drops down and you can type in there. (I don't particularly like that keyboard, but that is not the point here.) Is there such a feature for KDE? If so, what is it called or how can I enable this behavior?
2. Is there a way to get the stylus working? This is the stylus that came with the Surface and has three buttons though since I don't use windows, i could not tell you what that does. (The stylus works in Windows, however -- I checked that.)
Thanks for suggestions!
___________________________________________________ This message is from the kde mailing list. Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde. Archives: http://lists.kde.org/. More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.
- Prev by Date: Re: [kde] Reloading previous session type of a user in KDE 5
- Next by Date: [kde] screen energy saving stopped
- Previous by thread: Re: [kde] Reloading previous session type of a user in KDE 5
- Next by thread: [kde] screen energy saving stopped