Web lists-archives.com

Re: [kde] Mapping physical screens to KDE containments

On Sunday, 2016-04-17, 08:46:39, Duncan wrote:

> Tho I do have a symlink ~/.config -> config just in case something ends
> up hard-coding the default, as some things invariably do, so the files
> end up in the right place anyway.

Wouldn't it be better to not have that symlink and thus be in a position to
easily identify buggy programs and file reports against them?

Such a program would potentially also not honor the non-user-local searchlist,
i.e. in this case $XDG_CONFIG_DIRS which would even be worse.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring