[kde] kwin 5: video stutter
- Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2015 08:22:30 +0300
- From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [kde] kwin 5: video stutter
Ever since I upgraded to KDE 5, I get stutter when playing back 60FPS videos. There's frame skipping approximately every second.
This does not appear to be a video player issue. For example, running glxgears with:
__GL_SYNC_TO_VBLANK=1 glxgearswill result in frame drops. (This is how you enable vsync with nvidia drivers.)
Disabling desktop effects helps, but then the desktop is tearing. Disabling desktop effects only for fullscreen windows also helps, but then everything is flashing as you go from fullscreen to windowed, or when you bring up the GUI of the media player, or the video can be tearing too.
I did not have this problem with kwin 4. Is there something I can do about it?
___________________________________________________ This message is from the kde mailing list. Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde. Archives: http://lists.kde.org/. More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.
- Prev by Date: Re: [kde] interesting comment from a poster on phoronix
- Next by Date: Re: [kde] Plasma 5 won"t starting
- Previous by thread: [kde] Plasma 5 won"t starting
- Next by thread: [kde] Plasma continuously stops responding even after restarting.