[kde] KDE 5.2 Plasma Alternative Window Managers
- Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 00:42:32 -0400
- From: Alex Barry <alex.barry@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [kde] KDE 5.2 Plasma Alternative Window Managers
I've done a lot of searching and can't seem to find any answers. Over the last year, I've grown very accustomed to i3wm, and tiling window managers in general. I decided to give KDE 5/Plasma a shot, and was very interested in trying it with a tiling window manager. The drop-down in Settings > Applications > Window Manager for a different wm is disabled, and does not show my i3 install, or any other tiling wm I install. I have found some guides for using tiling wms in KDE 4, but these configurations do not seem to reflect anything that lives in 5.2. What options do I have? Are there any special configuration files I need to create/edit to make any tiling manager work?
Thanks for any assistance!
___________________________________________________ This message is from the kde mailing list. Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde. Archives: http://lists.kde.org/. More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.
- Prev by Date: [kde] Subtle Denial of Medical Treatment by the Singapore Government for Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)
- Next by Date: [kde] Help
- Previous by thread: [kde] Subtle Denial of Medical Treatment by the Singapore Government for Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)
- Next by thread: [kde] Can't resize, move or remove some widgets