[kde] What happen with korundum?
- Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 14:51:05 -0800 (PST)
- From: Christian <cnngimenez@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [kde] What happen with korundum?
Hi to all!
I have to write a Qt application for Windows (yugh! don't like but I have no
option) and GNU/Linux. I don't want to code in C++ and preferred Ruby instead.
So I searched for bindings and found these: QtRuby, qtbindings and Korundum.
- QtRuby4 was las updated: 2.1.0 - February 17, 2010 mswin32 according to (1)
- qtbindings version is matched with Qt's one and is 4.8.6. Then, is more up-
to-date than QtRuby4.
- Korundum is a special case.
When I found Korundum it said it was a KDE binding for Ruby, a beautiful
techbase page (2) with lots of explanations. I found it awesome, but seems
some kind of abandoned:
- dead links everywhere!
- official korundum page is 404! (no official page where to see news and
- searching I found it is hosted now at (3), at least the source code.
Finally, my question is:
- ¿Korundum is alive?
- ¿Can I use Korundum (and KDE libs ) on Window$ too?
- ¿What happened to the official web page?
- Korundum's QtRuby is not the same as the QtRuby gem, ¿right? (4)
- ¿Do you recommend me to use Korundum's QtRuby (or Korundum itself) for
writing a Window$ application?
For now, I will mark a warning at the techabse wiki explaining that links are
dead and the project source code location.
This message is from the kde mailing list.
Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde.
More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.