Web lists-archives.com

Re: [kde] kde : core : using c++ 11/14 : any roadmap?

On Wednesday, 2014-11-26, 23:16:20, Mayuresh Kathe wrote:
> hello,
>
> since the last exchange on this topic (initiated by me), i wondered if
> there's some kind of roadmap to the kde core beginning to use c++ 11/14.

Better be discussed on the development list kde-devel

> yes, i am aware that the reason for not migrating away from 1998/2003
> yet is because a bunch of compiler suites don't yet support 11/14 well,
> but i guess, the day can't be too far when the support under those
> platforms would be complete.

For KDE Frameworks the minimum compiler requirements are and their C++11
features are here [1].

Applications can use whatever the respective maintainer and/or development
team decides.

Not sure about the workspace/Plasma requirements.

Cheers,
Kevin

[1]
https://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Policies#Frameworks_compiler_requirements_and_C.2B.2B11