Re: [kde] kde-4.10.5 && very long boot up time (15 minutes)
- Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 13:11:24 +0200
- From: Matthias Apitz <guru@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [kde] kde-4.10.5 && very long boot up time (15 minutes)
I have some update after further tests on this issue:
The problem with the long time KDE4 needs to boot is clearly ACPI
related; we did the following 5 tests yesterday counting the minutes of
KDE4 from 'startx' to desktop-is-up:
1. ACPI off, 20:55 - 20:59 4 minutes
2. ACPI off, 21:04 - 21:06 2 minutes
3. ACPI on, 21:12 - 21:27 15 minutes
4. ACPI off, 21:32 - 21:34 2 minutes
5. ACPI on, 21:42 - 21:58 16 minutes
>From the last session (number 5) I have here /var/log/messages with
all lines from boot; and a log with timestamps of what
/usr/local/kde4/bin/startkde prints out to STDOUT and STDERR which gives
a good impression when it is doing what:
I have also (if needed) a top's output from every second of the time
beetween 21:42 - 21:58, mostly 100% idle, only 1 time on 11% CPU;
The problem is on
$ uname -a
FreeBSD freeyaz 10.0-ALPHA4 FreeBSD 10.0-ALPHA4 #1: Fri Oct 18 12:10:57
CEST 2013 guru@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386
Any help or comments?
Is this the right mailing-list to raise this?
Matthias Apitz | /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign:
E-mail: guru@xxxxxxxxxxx | \ / - No HTML/RTF in E-mail
WWW: http://www.unixarea.de/ | X - No proprietary attachments
phone: +49-170-4527211 | / \ - Respect for open standards
This message is from the kde mailing list.
Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde.
More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.