Re: [kde] baloo_file, baloo_file_extractor in disk sleep
- Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 18:41:36 +0400
- From: Pavel Volkov <sailor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [kde] baloo_file, baloo_file_extractor in disk sleep
On 2014å4æ24ææææ 18æ10å29ç MSK, Wolfgang Mader wrote:
On Thursday 24 April 2014 15:39:31 Kevin Krammer wrote:
Complete interface, meaning:
- All running apps, e.g. I can no longer changes tabs in
rekonq, switch to a
different mail in kmail, switch from kmail to akregator in kontakt
- KWin effects, e.g. cube animation for desktop switch hangs in
the middle of
- Text input into e.g. kwrite. Since I am mostly using kde
software, I am not
sure if gtk is affected also, but I would guess so, since in my
view the busy
disk is the cause of all evil. :)
The mouse pointer is movable all the time, but the system does
not respond to
I had exactly the same issue until I disabled Baloo (thanks to Gentoo devs
who pointed me at this component).
The system is unusable because freezes happen too often and last for a few
I discussed this at #kde@Freenode and they asked me to debug as described
here: http://community.kde.org/Baloo/Debugging. I haven't done it yet.
Since you love KDE so much you might also want to help them with it.
This message is from the kde mailing list.
Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde.
More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.