Re: [kde] baloo_file, baloo_file_extractor in disk sleep
- Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 16:10:29 +0200
- From: Wolfgang Mader <Wolfgang_Mader@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [kde] baloo_file, baloo_file_extractor in disk sleep
On Thursday 24 April 2014 15:39:31 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> Hi Wolfgang,
> On Thursday, 2014-04-24, 15:31:46, Wolfgang Mader wrote:
> > Dear list,
> > this post might be related to the recent thread
> > "[kde] What is baloo_file_extractor and why is it humping my hard drive?"
> > but I do not want to high check.
> hijack :)
> > Whenever baloo is at work on my system, I see baloo_file and
> > baloo_file_extractor in disk sleep state. This always leads to KDE GUI
> > freeze. This was obvious worst when baloo was initially shuffling through
> > all my files, but even now when baloo only needs to update newly changes
> > files (I guess), the GUI hangs and the processes hit disk sleep. My disk
> > is
> > a traditional spinning rust one, no ssd, but the machine is fairly well
> > powered.
> Can you be a bit more detailed on "the GUI hangs"?
> The GUI of what?
Complete interface, meaning:
- All running apps, e.g. I can no longer changes tabs in rekonq, switch to a
different mail in kmail, switch from kmail to akregator in kontakt
- KWin effects, e.g. cube animation for desktop switch hangs in the middle of
- Text input into e.g. kwrite. Since I am mostly using kde software, I am not
sure if gtk is affected also, but I would guess so, since in my view the busy
disk is the cause of all evil. :)
The mouse pointer is movable all the time, but the system does not respond to
If you need anything more, please let me know.
This message is from the kde mailing list.
Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde.
More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.