Web lists-archives.com

Re: [kde] Introduction + create a custom user profile for KDE 4.10.5

Le 19/08/2013 12:55, Nowardev-Team a écrit :
in that configs there are no destkop effects no nepomuck lighter krunner
etc ... just read , there is even a nice feature in kate that can help
you ...

just open every configs file on ~/.kde and then you can modify your
settigs .... kate will warn you if a file has been modified ,... anyway
there is already that project that can help you. it has a wallpaper
customize icons colors and of course nepo and desktop effects turned
off. even the kickoffrc file should be there where you can define your
prefered applications  just download that project and look around at the
files

Thanks again. I already looked at your project, and it helped me advance a little bit. On the other hand, I use Slackware (not Kubuntu).

I tried the panel lockdown as suggested, put a line in layout.js, but it doesn't seem to have any effect. The new user can still shoot himself in the foot and erase the panel.

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Web  : http://www.microlinux.fr