Web lists-archives.com

Re: Cannot get the Login Screen sddm to work

On 08/14/2016 04:24 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 00:17:10 -0400, Dick Barmann wrote:
then it would go to text. kububuntu 16.04 tty1
So those two steps

- Boot the Ubuntu Live CD.
- Press Ctrl-Alt-F1

already worked.

Once in text mode, you could use the command line to chroot as
described by https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCdRecovery , IOW
continue

- sudo mount /dev/sda2 /mnt
                  #^^^^ or what ever else your / partition is
                  #FWIW I prefer to first create a dir in /mnt, but the
                  #howto does use /mnt directly
                  #I guess you don't need to bind anything, but I don't
                  #no for sure
- sudo mount --bind /dev /mnt/dev
- sudo mount --bind /proc /mnt/proc
- sudo mount --bind /sys /mnt/sys
- sudo chroot /mnt
- systemctl disable lightdm
                  #to disable lightdm
- systemctl enable sddm
                  #to enable sddm

Regards,
Ralf
What did you tell me to use in an earlier post to setup/install Grub?

Dick.