Web lists-archives.com

Re: Cannot get the Login Screen sddm to work

hopefully somebody using sddm is able to help you.

Good luck!

With lighdm there aren't issues. This is what I've got installed for my
Ubuntu 16.04:

[root@archlinux moonstudio]# systemd-nspawn -q dpkg -l *tdm*|grep ii
ii  liblightdm-gobject-1-0:amd64 1.18.2-0ubuntu2 amd64        LightDM GObject client library
ii  lightdm                      1.18.2-0ubuntu2 amd64        Display Manager
ii  lightdm-gtk-greeter          2.0.1-2ubuntu4  amd64        simple display manager (GTK+ greeter)

Maybe you should install the same display manager. I don't know how the
Ubuntu auto-start policy is handled, if several display managers are
installed, so disable sddm and enable lightdm, IOW run

  sudo -i
  systemctl disable sddm
  apt-get update && apt-get install lightdm{,-gtk-greeter}
  systemctl enable lightdm

After that restart the computer and by clicking one of the icons, there
should be a menu, where you can chose the session.