Web lists-archives.com

[kde-linux] Download Wallpapers not working after cleanup of pre-Plasma stuff

A few weeks ago Gentoo pushed out KDE Plasma for those of us in the lower classes. I did my updates and got it working with a bit of help from some other lists. I did not however clean up all the older KDE stuff until today. Having done that work today a problem has revealed itself - downloading new wallpapers doesn't work.

When I right-click the desktop and choose Desktop Settings the main page is Wallpapers and I see 14 images. Bottom right has the Get New Wallpapers button which I click. The new window opens and watching progress it says:

and then finishes with

Some categories are missing

At this point nothing new is available. Category: says All Categories, and there are some options underneath, but choosing them does nothing and entering a search phrase does nothing.

Is this a known problem and if so is there a solution?

It was working prior to the cleanup today so I suspect the new KDE was using older KDE stuff.

Ideas appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark