Web lists-archives.com

Re: [kde-linux] How to silence the device notifier in a multi seat environment

On Wednesday, November 11, 2015 9:24 AM, Duncan wrote:

> Removing udisks is likely to do it.

I tried and it works. Now the notifier does nothing when a usb storage is
connected. But now I can't mount the device from within kde. I can make it by
using the command line, but not every user has the knowledge to do that. How
are you dealing with that?

I already have a udev rule that notifies only the corresponding user desktop
that an usb device is connected, but now I would like to trigger an "usb
insertion device" event in the kde device notifier as well. Do you know if there is
some dbus interface that can be use to achieve that?

Thanks!
Juan Ignacio Saitua.