[kde-linux] Wrong Desktop layout in Kubuntu 14.04
- Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2015 14:48:33 +0000
- From: stephen <stephanos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [kde-linux] Wrong Desktop layout in Kubuntu 14.04
I have just installed Kubuntu 14.04 onto a Dell Inspiron Mini. It has
1GB of RAM and 150GB HDD.
The layout of the desktop is different to other installations I have
done on my other machines with 14.04. The behaviour of applications is
different as well.
At the desktop, before any applications are opened:
1) the taskbar is now at the top. It has a new entry in it called Menu
2) below this is a strip of four icons currently Firefox, Kmail, System
3) Below this as another strip of icons: Bookmarks, Contact, Multimedi,
Internet, Graphics, Education, Office
4) When I start an application the taskbar at the top is still present
and the normal menu items I would have associated with that application
are now accessible via the menu item in the taskbar.
I do not like this layout. I did not chose this layout. I do not want
this layout. This laptop is for my niece who will be new to linux and I
intend to support her as I use 14.04 on several laptops and desktops. I
do not have this layout on any of my others computers. I do not intend
to have this layout on any of them either.
How do I change to the layout/behaviour I want and know.
Wait to hear
Impatiently of London, England
This message is from the kde-linux mailing list.
Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-linux.
More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.