[kde-linux] KDE-4.14.0 doesn't work
- Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 12:26:15 -0700
- From: James Tyrer <jrtyrer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [kde-linux] KDE-4.14.0 doesn't work
I mentioned problems with KDE-4.14.0. At start up, Plasma-Desktop immediately crashes and will not restart. KATE/KWrite do the same for apparently the same reason.
Some research indicates that Qt-4.8.6 will not run on AMD-64 bit processors. Going back to 4.8.4, which I still had on the system, fixed the problem. I have not tried 4.8.5 yet. Has anyone used it to know if it works or not?
Does anyone know if this had been fixed and if there is a repository that I could download an updated version from?
-- James Tyrer Linux (mostly) From Scratch ___________________________________________________ This message is from the kde-linux mailing list. Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-linux. Archives: http://lists.kde.org/. More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.
- Prev by Date: Re: [kde-linux] konsole won't move/resize - how do I just set everything back to default?
- Next by Date: Re: [kde-linux] KDE-4.14.0 doesn't work
- Previous by thread: [kde-linux] konsole won't move/resize - how do I just set everything back to default?
- Next by thread: Re: [kde-linux] KDE-4.14.0 doesn't work