Web lists-archives.com

Re: [kde-linux] Building KDE 4.14.0




On 09/01/2014 09:42 PM, Kevin Krammer wrote:
On Monday, 2014-09-01, 16:30:04, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
On 09/01/2014 11:23 AM, Kevin Krammer wrote:
On Monday, 2014-09-01, 11:09:17, James Tyrer wrote:
On 08/30/2014 04:39 AM, Kevin Krammer wrote:
On Saturday, 2014-08-30, 04:11:37, James Tyrer wrote:
I have had some difficulty building some of the KDE-4.14.0 modules
because they contained files with one, or more, instances of the
string:
"#include <Phonon/".  Note that this case sensitive.

You mean that there is the actual class missing after /?
Where did you find this?

    http://www.kde.org/faq.html.

No, Kevin, I mean (see hint) that 'phonon' has the first letter in upper
case.

Yes, that is the correct casing.

Well, that is certainly an interesting theory, however, I just
downloaded Phonon again from:

	http://download.kde.org/stable/phonon/4.7.2/phonon-4.7.2.tar.xz

And the include files installed in:

	/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4/include/phonon

I specified only:

	/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4

Please note the lower case.  Obviously, if an include statement is going
to find this directory, the case is going to have to match the case of
the directory as installed.

But inside that directory there should be a subdirectory Phonon.
For example the path for AudioOutput for me (Debian, system dev package) is

/usr/include/phonon/Phonon/AudioOutput

Yes, there is also a directory 'Phonon'. However, that is not the default installation location for it. By default, it is installed in:

	${PREFIX}/include/KDE/Phonon

>
Like Qt itself, most Qt based libraries have two kinds of headers:
* all-lower case variants, with -.h suffix
* camel case variants, wihout any extension.

and it does have header files without suffixes.
>
They are both functionally equivalent (well, one includes the other) and it is
mostly a matter of style which one is used.
Most developers prefer the camel case variant since it matches the actual
class name, mostly even including namespace.

Phonon::AudioOutput -> Phonon/AudioOutput.

Since you say that the upper case is not an error, I will put in a link
as a kludge to finish my installation and look into the issue further
this evening.  UTC -7 time.

For now, I am puzzled.

I am as well. The install procedure should have also installed the camel case
variant.
The problem would appear to be that the CMake file for KDE do not look for this include file in its default location. This would probably mean that some change was made to the: PhononConfig.cmake file.

But, now it works and I can no longer reproduce the problem.

<SNIP>
No, the headers are there.  It is just that the word 'phonon' starts
with a lower case 'p'.

So you have phonon/AudioOutput? I.e. the subdir all lowercase but the class
name camel case?

Yes.  I don't know what it wasn't being found.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch
___________________________________________________
This message is from the kde-linux mailing list.
Account management:  https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-linux.
Archives: http://lists.kde.org/.
More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.