Web lists-archives.com

Re: [kde-linux] kwalletd not starting at boot (login)

Am Dienstag, 31. Dezember 2013, 18:26:18 schrieb Aharon Schkolnik:
> Hi,
>
> When I reboot and then login, kwalletd does not start.
>
> In ~/.xsession-errors I see:
> kded(1513)/kdeui (Wallet): Couldn't start kwalletd:  "Could not find service
> 'kwalletd.desktop'."
>

> -rw-r--r--. 1 aharon aharon 100 Dec 27 07:39
> /home/aharon/.local/share/applications/kwalletd.desktop
>

> $cat  ~/.local/share/applications/kwalletd.desktop
>
> [Desktop Entry]
> Exec=/usr/bin/kwalletd
> Icon=application-x-executable
> Name=kwalletd
> Type=Application
>

> After logging in, I can start kwalletd manually without any problem.
>
> Any ideas ?

well, the error indicates kwalletd service is missing, so I looked in /usr and
found:

/usr/share/kde4/services/kwalletd.desktop

which contains:

[Desktop Entry]
Type=Service
Exec=kwalletd
X-KDE-ServiceTypes=
# It is a server
X-DBUS-StartupType=Unique
X-KDE-StartupNotify=false
Name=Wallet Server
Name[ar]=ØØØÙ ØÙÙØÙØØ
Name[as]=Wallet Server

what you listed, is a desktop entry, not a service, so you should check your
/usr/share/kde4/services folder.

(I don't have a local kwalletd.desktop file, and kwalletservice runs fine)

HTH
Werner
p.s.: please don't post html to the list :)