Web lists-archives.com

Re: [kde-linux] High dpi screen

On 2013-12-18 14:48 (GMT) Tim Pigden composed:

I've recently acquired a notebook with 3200 x 1800 screen
After reading various posts I thought KDE would be able to do the right
thing. However, I've set the dpi in system settings | Fonts | Force fonts
dpi - which works fine for fonts but things like the scroll bar, close
buttons and those sorts of icons remain almost invisibly tiny.
Is there some way to change everything?

Globally forcing DPI to an arbitrary high value will enlarge all screen elements. There are various methods for forcing DPI, but the one I use on virtually every installation is putting DisplaySize in either xorg.conf or 50-monitor.conf. Sample values for more common screen resolutions are in http://fm.no-ip.com/Share/DisplaySize which for 3200x1800 can only be a guide to how DisplaySize can work. Be aware that if you are using Firefox that DPI 192 or above is likely to produce perplexing results that may need to be dealt with separately through hidden prefs in about:config.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/