Web lists-archives.com

Re: [kde-linux] Kget "My Downloads" [Is this MS Windows?]

On 04/22/2013 03:32 AM, Dale wrote:
Doug wrote:
I haven't been following this thread since I don't recognize the command
"kget" but I looked at this one, and see the statement that there
probably
will not be a KDE5. Does this mean that KDE will be phased out and
replaced
with something else? I hope that the KDE folks are not going the way of
Ubuntu! Without KDE, I might very well be driven back to Windows. I
think of KDE as a Windows-compatible GUI without the crap that MS
makes you put up with. (Windows prior to Win 8, of course!) I could
never be happy with the Ubuntu protocols and politics.

--doug

I watch this link:

http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules

It listed KDE5 not to long ago but seems to be gone now.  Hmmmmmmm.   It
still has the KDE4 stuff tho.

Thanks for the link Dale. I looked under 4.10 and note with my usual sense of irony that a new feature is planed for KGet. :-\

http://bit.ly/XS8Mjy

But, no mention of improving the XDG support.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch

--