[kde-linux] Move my user account to a new machine
- Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 14:11:43 -0700
- From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [kde-linux] Move my user account to a new machine
I'm in the process of moving to a new machine as my day-to-day
platform. I want to verify what I need to do to ensure the minimum
number of problems with my KDE user account. The things that come to
mind for me are:
1) Make sure any user specific values in /etc/group & /etc/passwd are
duplicated and use the same numeric values.
2) rsync /home/mark on the current machine to the new machine
I'm Gentoo-based and have already been through ensuring that world
files, /etc/portage and other such stuff is consistent. Just looking
for any other KDE specific things I should look out for.
Thanks in advance,
This message is from the kde-linux mailing list.
Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-linux.
More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.