Web lists-archives.com

Re: [kde-linux] Execute at login for KDE only

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 10:17 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<SNIP>

> Thanks Dale. That seemed to have worked. Now after logging into KDE I
> have DPMS disabled which makes watching long videos while I'm working
> on another machine nice.
>
> I don't see how to undo this command on log out (i.e. - xset +dpms)
> but at least for now it's manageable.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

So much for my good feelings about this feature. It showed up
yesterday and was persistent after at least one reboot. Today I boot
and the xset command is no longer in System Settings at all!

Back to the drawing board.

Note that I did not use a script. I just used the xset command by
itself as I could see no reason yesterday to make a script with one
command.

- Mark