[kde-linux] S/PDIF sound
- Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 19:20:08 -0400
- From: James <bjlockie@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [kde-linux] S/PDIF sound
I use KDE-4.8.4 with digital sound (S/PDIF).
I upgraded my kernel and kaffeine broke (and I'm sure other apps).
The system sounds work, Amarok works, VLC works.
I think it has something to do with the alsa device order.
My default device was my tvtuner.
Card: Conexant CX23885
I changed /etc/asound.conf to have
and now alsaixer defaults to the right card:
Card: HDA ATI SB
1. Kaffeine errors and says it can't open the audio device.
2. kmix doesn't work.
3. The error dialog of kmix does a system beep which cuts off any other sound (eg. if I am playing music with Amarok, the audio stops when the system beeps but Amarok thinks it is still playing.
This message is from the kde-linux mailing list.
Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-linux.
More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.