Web lists-archives.com

[kde-linux] Custom keyboard layout

I am trying to get my custom keyboard layout to work in KDE (Kubuntu 12.04). I have created the layout in /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/ab, and it works using setxkbmap. However, I can't get the system settings to find this layout. In earlier versions it has been enough to edit /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/base.xml, but this does not seem to work anymore. I have also updated base.lst, although I don't think it is used. I have tried restarting, but the layout does not appear in the layout list in system settings.

The section I added to base.xml is the following:

I'm thankful for any help on this.

Best regards,