[kde-linux] KDE resetting microphone setting upon login
- Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 07:06:25 -0700
- From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [kde-linux] KDE resetting microphone setting upon login
The newest stable KDE (4.8.1) on Gentoo is causing me problems with my
microphone levels. It seems that each time I log in KDE sets the 3
faders required for me to get microphone audio (called Front Mic
Boost, Capture and Digital in the mixer) back to 0. Each time I log
in, if I need to use the microphone, then I have to set these up
This problem is new since 4.8.1. With the previous 4.7 version and all
version before it I never had this problem.
I know it's KDE on login:
1) If I log out of KDE and look in alsamixer in the console then the
settings are correct.
2) If the settings are correct when I shutdown then when reboot I can
look in alsamixer before starting KDE and the levels are fine.
3) When the levels are fine in the console and I log into KDE the
levels are set back to zeros.
4) With the levels set back to zeros in KDE if I then shell to the
console the levels are all zeros. (No surprise there)
Does anyone know of a fix for this frustrating little problem?
This message is from the kde-linux mailing list.
Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-linux.
More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.