Web lists-archives.com

Re: [kde-linux] KDE-4.8 and HAL

On 04/05/2012 05:56 PM, Dale wrote:
James Tyrer wrote:
I was upgrading my system (Linux From Scratch is my distro) and I find
that the new version does not include HAL.

Does KDE-4.8 have any specific requirements for HAL, or can it use the
FreeDesktop replacements for HAL?

I am not currently using HAL because trying to start it locks up my system.

I don't think KDE has been using hal for a long time.  I actually
disabled the thing on mine since it never worked.  Anyway, the new and
improved tool is polkit.  So far, I have had no troubles with it.  Given
the issues I always run into with things breaking, if it works for me,
it should be a dream come true for you.  lol

That info help?

Yes, thanks.

Might I ask if you found this information in some KDE documentation somewhere?

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch