Re: [kde-linux] sourceforge vs. Konqueror
- Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 06:03:32 -0700
- From: James Tyrer <jrtyrer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [kde-linux] sourceforge vs. Konqueror
On 01/07/2012 09:38 PM, Duncan wrote:
James Tyrer posted on Sat, 07 Jan 2012 19:53:18 -0700 as excerpted:
IAC, I went through the MIME types again and it still doesn't work
the way that SourceForge is supposed to work.
Have you checked the URL either manually or with something like links
or lynx to see what mimetype sourceforge is giving the browser?
Sometimes that gets screwed up.
Links reports: "application/x-gzip"
Did I mention that it works in Firefox 3.8.12. This isn't that
surprising since there is no way that Firefox can display that type of file.
Here on gentoo, all the sources tarball fetches are done by default
using wget, or optionally curl, with the appropriate command-line
options for saving the file, so the mimetype the server claims
doesn't usually make a difference.
I usually fetch stuff by copying with Konqueror or Dolphin. But, that
doesn't work on SourceForge.
Meanwhile, not related to your issue but what I'm doing ATM...
Before I upgraded from 4.7.95 to 4.7.97 (aka 4.8-rc1 to 4.8-rc2),
Yes, I am now using RC2.
Sounds like a lot of fun. I have to admit that I do not rebuild
everything when I upgrade the compiler.
I decided it was time to upgrade gcc from the 4.5 series to the 4.6
series (4.6.2), and rebuild my entire system with the new gcc but
upgrading to the new kde at the same time, so I wouldn't end up doing
Linux (mostly) From Scratch
This message is from the kde-linux mailing list.
Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-linux.
More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.